Fave Kale Bowl: Cooking
Although this content is sponsored by Walmart all content, opinions and styling are my own
I know it's been a while since I shared any recipes on here (we were on a roll back in quarantine) if you don't know this, I actually love to cook almost anything! sometimes we might feel a bit, more inspired other times it's just something simple for my everyday lunch, one thing that is the same is I like to cook with good (fresh) ingredients.Well this month I joined Walmart in their #DareToCompare Challenge to share with you that With low-price quality private brands, you don’t have to feel like you are “trading down” when you buy Walmart Brands, on the contrary! plus our weekly grocery budget can stretch even further when we make easy swaps using Walmart Brands.
So I decided to prepare my favorite Kale salad bowl using Walmart brands that I have delivered directly to my door. Check my instagram Reel on my Instagram @TheToastyLife - it's surprisingly quick and easy to prepare, and like I said for those days i'm just on the move I can order everything from my Walmart app and have it delivered that same day. Anywho here's the recipe, just heads up I tend to cook without exact portions but i'll do my best to post the exact quantities especially for the dress;
- Kale (I buy the pre-washed and cute Kale bag from Walmart's Market Place) so much easier, no need to disinfect and wash.
- Olive Oil 1 tbs or so (add to kale while prepping the rest so it softens up a bit)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 of pistachios (or more if you like)
- 1/2 of golden raisins (or more if you like)
- 1 Green apple cut in cubes
- 1/2 shredded parmesan (or more hehe)
- 1 Avocado cut in cubes
- 2 tbs of lime juice
- 4 tbs of apple cider vinegar (got the organic from walmart's Great Value Organic big bottle it's almost a liter!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs or honey (I like using agave nectar)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard (I really like mustard but if you're not a fan you can just do a tea spoon instead)
Since I love this recipe I make it as a meal so I like to add grilled chicken to it, I just prepare it with lemon and salt and pepper.
P.S my look is also from Walmart.com
Here are my ingredients and my look hehe but if you don't believe start your order here and compare!